Post-doctoral Research Associate (Conservation Science Research Group)
The Postdoctoral Researcher will work on a new synthesis of mangrove conservation and restoration practices with members of the Global Mangrove Alliance (GMA) science working group. They will leverage the collective knowledge of a team of experts across sectors to summarize the state of the science around effective and sustainable mangrove conservation and restoration. This synthesis will provide the basis for a series of recommendations (and possible publications) on best practices supported by credible science, tools and resources. This position’s main goal will be to provide a sound methodological approach to mangrove conservation and restoration to benefit stakeholders from local to national scales.
The Postdoctoral Researcher will coordinate several work packages synthesizing accepted best practice in relation to mangrove conservation and restoration. These work packages will be led by members of the GMA and the candidate and will include:
- Educated to PhD level, in a relevant subject such as interdisciplinary ocean science, restoration, or ecology
Skills and knowledge
- Good understanding of marine/coastal conservation and/or restoration
- Strong organizational skills
- Capacity to work with and coordinate a diverse group of scientists and stakeholders
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Proven ability to analyse and write scientific results
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work in a team
- Attention to detail
-Experience in organizing workshops -Knowledge of mangrove ecosystems
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available until 30 April 2022 in the first instance.
Applications are welcome from internal candidates who would like to apply for the role on the basis of a secondment from their current role in the University.
Click the ‘Apply’ button below to register an account with our recruitment system (if you have not already) and apply online.
Please quote reference PF24455 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University actively supports equality, diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from all sections of society.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Pour plus d’information et postuler
Date de cloture : le 19 novembre 2020